What is it about travelling that really grabs my attention? Here’s just twelve of many, many reasons:
1. That combination of feeling terrified & invincible as we hurtle wildly through narrow Bangkok streets in the capable(?) hands of a tuk-tuk driver.
2. Finding people who have barely a cent to their name, but witnessing a level of happiness & contentment that makes me think twice, even three times, about the trivial stuff that riles me up back home.
3. Walking off the beaten path and snapping *that* one photo that I’ll remember for years to come.
4. That very first interaction with a native of the new country I’m about to explore, and the dumb look on my face when I try to decipher what’s going on.
5. Visiting an iconic site I’d seen a million times in photographs, but still being punched in the face by its awesomeness.
6. Knowing that when a plan goes awry, I can add it to an ever-growing list of tales to hysterically laugh at in the future (while secretly hoping it never happens again!).
7. Being a million miles from home and feeling carefree.
8. Mingling with locals and discovering a whole new experience that guidebooks don’t know about yet! Ssshhhh….
9. Learning foreign words & phrases, and then using them with confidence, despite not really knowing whether I got it right or not.
10. The wheel of the jumbo screeching along the tarmac as I finally land.
11. Finding paradise where I’d least expect it!
12. Doing all of the above with my wonderful soulmate Selina (beautyforthesoul.com)
So tell me, what is it about travelling that you really look forward to?